Current fundraising activities
1. ALK+ve virtual raffle, tickets £1.00 a strip, drawn 10 prizes already, please check our social media for next draw date, loads more prizes available to win. Message us on Facebook or Instagram for further details.
Please email email@example.com to buy your virtual raffle tickets.
2. Facemasks can be bought via Cat Gibbard’s just giving page for ALK+ve research.
3. Shop: Charity cards available £1.00 a card or 5 cards for £4.00, T-shirts £25, Hoodies £35 available to order (all sizes available - add £5 for postage), pin badges £2.00, charity bands £1.00. These can be ordered online via firstname.lastname@example.org or in person from Murgatroyd Opticians in Staveley, Conisbrough or Edlington.
Fundraising events 2021Comedy fundraiser Sat 22nd May - dinner, laughter, red carpet event with Big Lou, Dominic Woodward and Nina Gilligan at the Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster.
Cricket fundraiser Essex v Doncaster date to be confirmed.
Annual cycle event September 2021 date to be confirmed.
Annual November lung cancer awareness Ball Saturday 20th November at the Hilton Garden Doncaster.
Fundraising ideasThere are literally hundreds of ways that you can contribute to the ALK+ve fundraising effort, either by sponsorship in organised events or by organising one of your own. Here are a few ideas:
- Marathons and fun runs
- Sponsored endurance events such as dance-a-thons, silences, swims or walks
- Sponsored skydiving or wing-walking
- Charity auctions, sales or raffles
- Pub quizzes
- Film nights, race nights
- Home baking sales
- Coffee mornings
- Garden fetes
- Open mic or karaoke evenings
- Craft sales
- Taking part in national events such as Stoptober or Dry January
Other ways to raise much needed funds
Leave a legacy
It is very important to ensure your will is in order to ensure that your wishes are followed after you pass. It also allows you to make certain your loved ones and the causes you care about are looked after in the future. Money bequeathed to ALK+ve is vital in helping us to strengthen and advance research into ALK if we are to extend the quality of lives of sufferers.
You can celebrate the life of a loved one by donating a memorial collection/donation to ALK+ve in person or through these websites: Much Loved and Memory Giving. Both sites allow you to create memorial pages for loved ones who have recently passed and to add donation links to your chosen charities.
Gift Aid is the government scheme allowing charities to reclaim tax that you have already paid on your donations. All individual donations (excluding those made through the Charities Aid Foundation - these are already subject to tax relief) are eligible for this scheme, including regular gifts made by standing order or direct Debit. We are able to claim Gift Aid on donations made during the past four years, and on future donations, once we receive your declaration.
Make a donation by BACS
If you would like to make a donation via a bank transfer (BACs), simply give your bank our bank details below and request a receipt as proof of payment.
National Westminster Bank PLC Doncaster
Account Number: 44970749
Sort Code: 60-06-39
Account: Research ALK