Current fundraising activities
1. ALK+ve virtual raffle, tickets £1.00 a strip, drawn 10 prizes already, please check our social media for next draw date, loads more prizes available to win. Message us on Facebook or Instagram for further details.
Please email email@example.com to buy your virtual raffle tickets.
2. Shop: Charity cards available £1.00 a card or 5 cards for £4.00, T-shirts £25, Hoodies £35 available to order (all sizes available - add £5 for postage), pin badges £2.00, charity bands £1.00. These can be ordered online via firstname.lastname@example.org or in person from Murgatroyd Opticians in Staveley or Conisbrough.
3. Charity Ball with live music by The Anthemics, a sensational party covers band, held at the Doncaster Hilton Garden Room on Saturday 12th November, tickets £80 per person (non-refundable), tables of 10 or individual tickets are available. Further details and ticket information available from email@example.com
4. Charity Bike Ride 2022 provisional date Saturday 1st October (see our Facebook for updates).
5. Charity Cricket Match - to be confirmed.
Fundraising plans for 2023
Charity sky dive (some time after Abby Rust's 16th birthday on 16/7/2023) with the aim to raise £10,000 from our team of sky divers. The team so far includes Abby Rust, Phil Murgatroyd, Ewan Murgatroyd, Maddie Leyland, Rory Blackaby (his second charity dive for ALK Positive Lung Cancer), Jack Edwards, Tom Douthwaite, Callum Fitton and Annie Fitton - all first time divers apart from Rory!
Fundraising ideasThere are literally hundreds of ways that you can contribute to the ALK+ve fundraising effort, either by sponsorship in organised events or by organising one of your own. Here are a few ideas:
- Marathons and fun runs
- Sponsored endurance events such as dance-a-thons, silences, swims or walks
- Sponsored skydiving or wing-walking
- Charity auctions, sales or raffles
- Pub quizzes
- Film nights, race nights
- Home baking sales
- Coffee mornings
- Garden fetes
- Open mic or karaoke evenings
- Craft sales
- Taking part in national events such as Stoptober or Dry January
A huge thank you to all our fund raisers
Other ways to raise much needed funds
Leave a legacy
It is very important to ensure your will is in order to ensure that your wishes are followed after you pass. It also allows you to make certain your loved ones and the causes you care about are looked after in the future. Money bequeathed to ALK+ve is vital in helping us to strengthen and advance research into ALK if we are to extend the quality of lives of sufferers.
You can celebrate the life of a loved one by donating a memorial collection/donation to ALK+ve in person or through these websites: Much Loved and Memory Giving. Both sites allow you to create memorial pages for loved ones who have recently passed and to add donation links to your chosen charities.
Gift Aid is the government scheme allowing charities to reclaim tax that you have already paid on your donations. All individual donations (excluding those made through the Charities Aid Foundation - these are already subject to tax relief) are eligible for this scheme, including regular gifts made by standing order or direct Debit. We are able to claim Gift Aid on donations made during the past four years, and on future donations, once we receive your declaration.
Make a donation by BACS
If you would like to make a donation via a bank transfer (BACs), simply give your bank our bank details below and request a receipt as proof of payment.
National Westminster Bank PLC Doncaster
Account Number: 44970749
Sort Code: 60-06-39
Account: Research ALK